Ok I haven’t written any posts in a long time but its been a very busy summer for us! Here are a few of the highlights:
1. My dad and sister came to visit and we went to the Bean and Hot Dougs
3. Visited my friend Lauren (and went to the Midwest Microbial Pathogenesis Conference with the lab) in Columbus, OH
4. Visited Minneapolis for Labor Day (and Gabe’s birthday)
5. One of my best friends Hillary had a new baby girl
6. We finally visited Kuma’s Corner for the best burgers EVER with Brian, Lauren, Ryan, and Liz
7. We had a fun weekend with my mom, step-dad, their best friends and their foreign exchange student eating our way through Chicago. That same weekend I saw Marky Mark Wahlberg while we were watching the filming of Transformers 4!
8. We visited the East Coast again and had a great weekend with Shawn, Ang, and Ant
9. We had a fun visit with Bob and Wendy and even petted some sting rays
10. We trained and ran a 10K in Oak Park (even though I had a sprained ankle!)
11. I traveled to San Diego for a great (and very productive) work trip and also got to visit with Meredith and the kiddos
12. Just last weekend we went to a Cold War Kids concert
13. This week while Gabe was in San Francisco for work my mom and I took a dayto do some shopping downtown.
Plus we’ve spent some great nights with friends here in Chicago and just overall had a great summer. Now that fall is officially here, we are trying to enjoy the fall colors and maybe take a few less plane rides (I have taken 6 round trip flights in the past 4 months).
We’re getting ready to have Angela, Shawn and Ant out to Chicago next weekend, traveling to southern New Mexico for a long Thanksgiving weekend and already getting ready for the Christmas season. Hopefully I’ll be a bit better about blogging in the coming weeks!